Just the facts - Should Abortion be Legal in this Country?
Should abortion be legal in this country?
People are tired of hearing the jargon from both sides. It’s time you had an opportunity to just look at the facts. In the few minutes it will take you to read this advertisement, you will find facts that are undisputed by the medical and scientific communities. Facts that will help you make up your own mind about the abortion issue.
Every 22 Seconds, a Baby Dies from Abortion
- That’s 1.4 million babies each year, 4,000 each day.
- 43% of all women who have abortions will have 2 or more.
- Half of all abortions are performed on women who chose to use abortion as their only means of birth control.
Alan Guttmacher Institute
Women Can Legally Abort Their Unborn Child at Any Time Throughout Their Entire Nine Months of Pregnancy… For Any Reason
Doe v.Bolton, Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court decisions
According to survey data collected on abortion providers themselves, the overwhelming majority - 95% - are done as a means of birth control or to eliminate an unplanned pregnancy.
- Only 1 % of all abortions are performed because of rape or incest; 1 % because of fetal abnormalities; 3 % because of mothers’ health problems.
Alan Guttacher Institute
- Just 18 days after conception, the baby’s heart is beating…
- At 8 weeks, brain waves can be measured…At 8 weeks, the stomach, liver, kidneys and brain are functioning. Fingerprints have been formed…
Almost 800,000 abortions are done each year in America after 16 weeks of pregnancy.
-U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control
71,000 American Babies Are Aborted Each Year At This Age or Older.
- Since 11 weeks, all the baby’s organs have been complete and functioning. He or she breathes (fluid), swallows, digests, sleeps, dreams, wakes, and has developed all the body parts required to experience pain. From 11 weeks on, all the child needs to become a healthy newborn is nourishment and time.
45 abortions a day are performed on women carrying a child 5 months or older.
U.S. Department of Health Services, Center for Disease Control.
Legalizing Abortion Was Not Responsible
For Reducing Abortion Related Deaths.
- According to data from the National Center for Health Statistics, the legalization of abortion was not responsible for reducing abortion-related deaths. The discovery of antibiotics in the early 1940s did that by providing a treatment for infection.
- In 1972, the year before the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion, only 39 women died from abortion related complications. In 1977, after abortion was legal for 5 years, 21 women died.
U.S. Department of Health Services, Center for Disease Control
- Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League), admits his group lied about the number of women who died from illegal abortion when testifying before the U.S. Supreme Court in 1972: "We spoke of ‘5,000-10,000 deaths a year.’ I confess that I knew the figures were totally false… it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
Child Abuse Has Increased Over 600% Since Abortion’s Legalization in 1973.
- Legalizing abortion was supposed to help reduce child abuse, since it was assumed most abused children were unwanted at birth. But this theory has been disproved by scientific studies as well as by the obvious evidence that child abuse has sharply increased since abortion became legal.
Confirmed Cases of Child Abuse in the U.S.
DATE TOTAL NUMBER % Increase
1980 785,100 370%
1996* 1,220,000 630%
*Estimated by CDC, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, National Center of Child Abuse & Neglect
- Rather than helping stop child abuse, legal abortion has actually contributed to its sharp rise due to effects abortion has on women’s self esteem and ability to deal with stress-two important factors which cause child abuse.
- Cites Dr. Philip Ney in a widely read study on the connection between abortion and child abuse: "…elective abortion is an important cause of child abuse."
- "Recent evidence indicates many women harbor strong guilt feelings long after their abortions. Guilt is one important cause of child battering and infanticide. Abortion also lowers women’s self-esteem and there are studies reporting a major loss of self-esteem in battering parents…"
P. Ney, M.D., "Relationship Between Abortion & Child Abuse", Canada Jour. Psychiatry, vol. 24, 1979, pg. 610-620
The Average Abortions Procedure Takes 5 to 10 Minutes. The Average Wait for Adoption Takes 2 to 10 Years.
- Approximately 2,000,000 couples in America are currently ready and waiting to adopt.
- Only 50,000 babies are placed for adoption each year.
- Only 2% to 3% of the more than 1,000,000 teenagers who will become pregnant this year will place their child for adoption. Over 40% will choose abortion.
National Committee for Adoption
THINK ABOUT IT.
The clever strategy of marketing abortion rights under the label of "pro-choice" was conceived by a "Madison Avenue" advertising agency. After all, the word "choice" strikes at the very heart of what we hold most dear.
Adweek’s Marketing Week, October 30, 1989.
But when you examine the facts behind the glossy label, you realize pro-choice markets only one choice to only one person: abortion for the mother.
In this advertisement, you’ve seen the factual realties of abortion in America….the result of unlimited, unhindered "choice."
Should abortion remain legal as it is in the American today - available on demand for any reason throughout the entire months of pregnancy?
Think about it. Then make your choices count.
[ View More Articles From This Category ]
[ Return Home ]